Days like this...

There are days that it's a struggle to get up at 5:30 am and start my day.  Today was one of those days.  But opening my e-mail and seeing this picture of my guy brought a smile to my face.  He loves school.  Loves everything about it.  His teacher, his EA (educational assistant) and all his school buddies!  I was so scared before he entered his first year of school.  I made sure I crossed all my "t's" and dotted all my "i's", in order to make sure that all went well and that he got the support he needed.  They said they had never received such a complete file before (AKA...obsessive mommy looked after every detail).  There is quite a bit if paper work do do for the school system ( OT referrals, PT Referrals, SLT, Referrals, Doctors notes etc etc etc)  It was scary for me to imagine him leaving the safety of Karen's and venturing into this world of unknowns, but he rocks it!  His EA made my day today by sending me this photo via her phone!  He told me yesterday that the goalie helmet fit his head and I didn't have a clue what he was talking about. Now I do. Thanks so much for the smile! 

Comments