Scrapbooking

I walked into a scrapbook store the other day for the first time in years.  They had my old phone number in their system that's how long it's been.  Each child has a "first year" book....well the first two children have a completed first year books and the third child is waiting.  It's my goal to finish said third child's book this weekend.  There were these things called a car incident and the whole masters degree thing that kinda got in the way of my creative outlet for the past number of years.  It's hard to take the time to do this type of "frivolous"thing.  Should I not be scrubbing the floors, doing the laundry, washing the cabinets and dusting the blinds?  Should I be taking the kids to the park, enjoying the weather, taking the dog for a walk or marking some exams?  Should I be baking some cookies, organizing the pantry, putting away the winter hats and mittens and making the beds?  ( I just heard this morning Mom, that making the beds is a waste of time...it was on the radio so it's real news not fake news).  I miss it actually, I miss the social interaction that comes from a shared love of family memories.  It's such a positive thing to do.  It makes you pause and think of the good times and the reasons for picking those specific memories to scrapbook.  So I'm going to put aside those things that will still be there tomorrow and I'm going to scrapbook those precious memories of yesterday just so that the third child can't say I didn't love her enough to finish her book. 

Comments