WOW...it's been a busy summer

It's like the end of June came and went and life just took over on full speed.  Summer is suppose to be partly down time is it not?  The first four week of July the two youngest kids spent it in swimming lessons and I prepared for SOAR 2017 in Smithers with 8 girls and my other half ( and best Leader Ever, Connie).  We flew from Abbotsford Air Port on the 21st of July to Smithers.  We returned mostly intact on the 29th of July.  Oh and could I tell some stories, but mostly I froze my A$$ and kept my hands cleaned to keep away from the norovirus.  2300 women and teens and 83 porta-potties, can you say shortage of toilet paper? 
We came home to clean bed sheets, chocolate, and body shop soap lying on top of turned down bed.  I showered forever and slept for 16 hours straight .
Not 5 days later on August 3rd, John and Mr.C flew to Guelph, Ontario for the World Dwarf Games for 10 days.  Time was spent at all events, meeting lots of people and enjoying the time.  They were both exhausted by the end of that time.  Mr. C made some great friends and connections and I hope that we can make sure those connections are maintained.  Gold and bronze medals made their way into the house. 
Upon their return from Ontario, I whisked Mr. C and Miss A away to Powell River and spent 5 Days at Kent's Beach soaking in the sun.  With Mr. C coming off his high from the world Games and Miss. A bouncing around.  They were exhausted.  A total mother failure related to not enough puke buckets for the trip back.
The LPBC annual BBQ was a huge success and the new pop up tent made it easy to spot us in the park.  New families are always such a joy to meet and greet ( I love that part).  I love seeing the kids interact and share those special moments together.
And now....the summer winds down and appointments get done, classrooms get set up, school clothes and supplies are all bought.  This year promises to be a busy one with the influx of money from the government to implement the supreme court ruling.  I know personally that it is a good time for teachers to make a move if they are interested.  I could have this year but decided it wasn't the right time for me, but you never know what the future holds.  The whole process showed me how valuable my Master in Special Education is (how sought after).  I chose to stay at RHS for many reasons and one of them is not the commute.  I love my RHS family and I love my job.  I ( believe it or not) love my students and I love mentoring and supporting my staff.
So with September starting tomorrow, filling up the go card, packing the backpacks and filling in the family calendar with all the "stuff" that starts...it promises to be a busy month ....ok, a busy year. 

Comments