Daddy's Girl

I've known all my life that I am a Daddy's girl(I am also a Momma's girl too). My Dad is my hero. My Dad will come and fix anything I need him to fix (that my hubby is not comfortable challenging). He bought me a Teddy Bear and gummy bears when my first real boyfriend broke my heart at the age if 15 . Taught me how to drive. He would make big breakfasts for my friends when they slept over and was one of my biggest cheerleaders when I went off to UBC. I would ( and often still do) turn to my dad if something goes wrong. If the car stops working, drain gets clogged, rats in the attic, you name it and my dad can handle the situation. My dad is a fixer and to this day, still is. I love him more than words can say. I'm not sure I tell him enough just how much I appreciate all that he does for us. My kids adore their grandpa. They know "Grandpa can fix it", and will take their broken toys to him.
Grandpa has become an important part of trying to adapt things for Connor, from the toilet platform, step stool, light extenders, hand rail...Grandpa has engineered it all. When we went to the LPA Conference last summer, my Dad's main focus was the Expo. He wanted to see what he could build for Connor. We are so blessed to have that expertise in our corner. As we look at new houses, I'm not that concerned about access for Connor because I know that "Grandpa can fix it". I'm excited about the possibilities.

Comments

Purplestamper said…
I am excited for you also. I love reading your posts...keep them coming. I also feel like that about my dad and how involved he is in our lives. My mom was always there and I was so afraid to lose that presence. Now it is my dad (who was always there too) that takes up the slack, gives the hugs and adoration so freely. We are blessed. Our children are blessed and I am grateful that you shared that. It was JUST what I needed today Marla. To count that as a gift.