a few more tears

I'm not afraid to admit that I cried today. Seeing pictures of Rhys posted by his loving mom on the facebook memorial page made me cry. Seeing Rhys playing, laughing and smiling is so hard, but comforting at the same time. When I talked to Deena last we cried together on the phone. She said it was OK for me to be sad and angry as well. So unselfish and understanding as well. You see, I'm angry. You see, my son lost a little buddy. The age gap was closing between them and they would play more together. I think of how they would grow up together, play sports on the same DAAA teams together, how we would travel to the LPA conferences together, how we could hand down Connor's cloths, how the girls could relate as average height siblings and the list goes on and on...but most of all how they could relate to each others life experiences and share those things together. I'm mad and feel so very selfish at the same time. We cherish the memories, I just was hoping for a few more.

Comments

Purplestamper said…
Tears are healing. The pain is so real, so deep and so difficult. I am so sorry for your loss. Connor's loss and the loss for your families. Stay close to each other and keep calling, and crying. It heals the soul. People have told me that time heals....I'm not sure I believe it. The loss is so deep and the tears seem to keep coming. With each tear shed I feel some healing, some blessings to see even through loss. Love you Marla...sending you a huge hug. Thanks for writing and sharing, because it also helps to heal, and it made me cry some healing tears.