tired eyes

I have tired eyes. Today when I came into work, some staff commented that I looked tired. I had a sad face. Can't say that I'm feeling up beat and positive at the moment. Feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything we have on our "plate".
The service for Rhys has had a lasting and profound effect on our family. We sung the songs from the park in the Van last night on the way home from swimming and Connor found a heart in his pocket ( he must have forgotten to give it to me). He says he's going to keep it forever. Rhys's heart will always be with him. Very deep stuff from a 5 ( almost six year old).
Still working on getting proper treatment for Connor's arm. This requires several trips to BC Childrens Hospital and still more to come as they perform test after test. Ortho, Neuro, Physio,...and the stress builds as the time continues to tick away and still no answers or improvement.
The house is almost complete, but still requires some touch ups and packing. Now we have to find time to go and look at other houses out there. Decide what we want, where we want and how much we can afford.
Work is always a factor. How does one juggle a full time demanding job while trying to juggle home life? I need that secret to success for sure. It's a constant struggle and a challenge.
But with all that we are dealing with there was also joy and laughter as well this weekend as we spent some quality time as a family. Playing outside, going to the park, digging in the dirt and hunting for eggs. We watched "We bought a Zoo" together and enjoyed some much needed down time on the couch. I missed our large family Easter dinner(especially my Aunts Desserts), the kids missed their cousins this year, but we were exactly where we needed to be.

Comments

jgarlini said…
Hi Marla, I am really enjoying reading your blog. My eyes hurt as well, I have been in a funk since Tuesday. It was nice to get home and hug my family. I don't have as much going on as you do right now but I think it might be worse...more time to think. Guess I need to start my own blog and get out of my head!
Talk soon, jenny
Marla Ryan said…
It's been so theraputic to write down my thoughts...it might work for you too! Don't know how long I'll be able to keep going before life gets int he way but for now it's a great release.