When the Baker can't bake...

When a notorious baker under stress ( I bake when I'm stressed out) can't bake because the element in her oven blew a week ago and she must wait another two weeks for the replacement element...what does she do? Well...I stew and stew and stew, about everything I can stew about. I should be marking I say to myself, I should be cleaning, I should be touching up the paint, I should be packing, I should be...I should be...

I have to admit it's kinda like I have "bakers block" as even before the element went I couldn't even bring myself to turn on the oven. It's Connor's birthday next week and to his horror we went to safeway to order his cake. He thought he was coming with me to pick out his cake pan ( the one for me to bake and decorate) but instead we went to the bakery department. I figured Alyra had one ( a store bought birthday cake) when she turned five so why not one for Connor's 6th.

Comments