A Sunday of family time

Yesterday was a lovely family day.  It started at 8 am when John left for Karate and the kids and I decided to make cookies...Mr. C got butter and flour everywhere and we laughed when he turned on the mixer to high.  He loved cracking his first egg into a bowl.  Miss A got to dump in the ingredients measured by the oldest and we laughed when she stirred a bit too much and flour went everywhere.  The oldest got a review of fractions as we talked about 1 cup verses 1/4 cup, 1/2 cups etc.  I had to add an extra 1/4 cup of flour to make up for the flour all over the kitchen but it was worth every minute.  Each child got a tray of cookies and a bowl of m&m's to place on the top of their cookies.  We talked about patterns and counted.  Did some multiplication and chatted about math.  I loved it.  Miss A was sent to wash her hands countless times...m&m's and a three year old!  (We packed them up for daycare today and I was so excited to see that I was on for snack considering I TOTALLY forgot).  We divided the remaining m&m's up and talked about remainders etc. 
Daddy came home and we played hide and seek on the top floor of the house.  It was awesome.  Everyone got to hunt and hide.  Miss A spent a lot of timing following me to my hiding spot, so I spent a lot of time trying to tell her to hush...stand still...it was too funny.  John scared the kids by jumping out of the closet.  It was a whoot. 
After lunch Daddy took all three kids for a swim and then I took a nap ( loved this part of the day).  When they arrived home we headed out to Chucky Cheese for a bit of fun.  The kids have a blast...we spend some money and watch as they toodle around and pick what they want to play.  Miss A is quite into it and now wants to carry her own tokens and put them in the machines.  As usual we brought a stool for Mr. C to use and we forgot it there ( second time) so John rushed back in to get it.  You won't believe how many times people try to scoop our stool for their own kids.  John and I both commented about how nice it was to spend  the day like that.  Now if only everyday was like that...I guess I should buy that lottery ticket. 

Comments