World Dwarf Games

When I open Facebook I'm confronted with a feed full of hate and Donald Trump.  The news is sad, the weather here at the moment is sad, and it's all making me feel sad.
I love snow and we've had lots of it for the past week.  In fact there is still some on the ground although slowly melting away.  Mr. C has been in ski lessons this past month and he's been enjoying the snow in a whole new way.  I'm so glad that we chose to put him in the program with his school.  He's been getting some one on one lessons and that's been great for his confidence.  Sometimes as a parent of a child with a difference we are skeptical of the situation and what will be in our child's best interest.  You need to follow your gut and go with it.  I was worried about the size of the boots ( his thick feet), the length of his skiis and the size of his helmet ( that big knoggin of his).  I was also worried because I could not be there.  As a working parent, one of the hardest challenges of raising a child with a difference is that you can't always be there for those "big" moments.  You have to trust the adults around your child and hope that they will do what is in the best interests of your child.
Sometimes it's extremely challenging to let go.  To put your trust in others.
Mr. C is signed up for the World Dwarf Games in Guelph, August 2017.  He's signed up for 10 events and is very excited.  Check out the website http://worlddwarfgames2017.org/.  He has benefited from the DAAA events at the LPA conferences that we have attended in previous years and I can't wait to see what friendships grow from this.

Comments