What do you need?

That is a question that I ask myself on a daily basis.  What do you need?  Sleep, food, hugs, quiet time, personal space, a bath, a cup of tea and a warm scone?  Sometimes we forget and move to fast throughout the day that our needs are not met as a person, mom, or wife.  Sometimes it needs to happen, that cup of tea has to wait as you work towards a goal for someone else but this can't happen all the time.  We need to protect ourselves and make sure we are priorities in our lives so that we can be there for others when they need us the most.  I'm not quiet about my needs but I do tend to neglect them to the point of near breaking ( sometimes I break).  I am humbled by people around me who give so tirelessly of themselves and I wonder how they find balance.  Maybe it's the wine?  They say after Spring Break it's a downhill slide to the end and summer is right around the corner.  All I can see is a very long slide with a brick wall at the end.  So to all my peeps that are struggling right now, remember to take care of yourself and ask yourself what you need.            

Comments