This Bag

I'd like you to meet an old friend.  Almost 30 years old and still going strong.  They don't make them like they use to.  My folks bought me this bag for a special Girl Guide trip that I was lucky enough to be selected to go on.  Echo Valley 88'.  An international girl guide camp similar to SOAR but different too. I was 14 and went with another girl from our small Island off the coast of BC.  It was a big deal.  I needed a bag that was a back pack but had no straps so that it could travel on a plane/conveyor belt.  They had very strict rules about the bag.  It was a big investment at the time and lots of research was done (this was before google) before the big purchase.  The back part of the bag unzips and all the straps are contained within the compartment.  My folks purchased it from MEC and it was a sight to behold when it was new.  Bright blue and not a single speck of dust on it. (Side note: we lived on a remote Island, the only MEC was in Vancouver and there was no such thing as online ordering).  It was an investment that has been used over and over and over again and will now make another special trip to another Girl Guide camp.  If you had asked me last year if I would be taking it out for a spin, I would have laughed.  These things now come with wheels and it's called luggage for nice "get-aways" with beds...
While the bag may look a little worse for wear, it is still going strong.  The zippers are strong and the material is tough.  I think I'm comparing myself to the bag even as I type this.  A bit worse for wear but strong and tough.  If my bag can make it though SOAR, so can I.  I think I can....I think I can.... 

Comments